The shortlist for the BSLS prize for the best book in the field of literature and science published in 2012 is as follows:
- Simon de Bourcier, Pynchon and Relativity (Continuum)
- Theresa Kelley, Clandestine Marriage: Botany and Romantic Culture (Johns Hopkins UP)
- Gregory Lynall, Swift and Science (Palgrave)
- Anne Stiles, Popular Fiction and Brain Science in the Late Nineteenth Century (Cambridge UP)
- Shelley Trower, Senses of Vibration: A History of the Pleasure and Pain of Sound (Continuum)
The winner of the prize will be announced at the Society's annual conference in Cardiff in April.