BSLS members are invited to submit items suitable for inclusion in this autumn’s Newsletter by Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct them to me by Friday, October 28. Notices referring to the past twelve months’ activities are welcomed.
At this time we are also shifting to a quarterly publication. To that end, you can expect a similar call for submissions in January.
I especially encourage you to send:
- Notices of new books (including monographs and edited volumes) published by members;
- Brief reports on science and literature events, seminars, conference panels, keynotes, and symposia organized by (or otherwise participated in by) members;
- Funding awards in relevant areas;
- Members’ completed PhDs (with note of title and awarding institution);
- Festivals, exhibitions, public talks, media appearances, and other public engagement in the field by members; and
- Forthcoming events to publicise, with CFPs, links, contact information, etc.
Please hold off on announcements of forthcoming books; in the shift to quarterly publication we will focus on books members will find available when the Newsletter is published. However, I would like to underscore that a JPEG of a book's cover will look well in the Newsletter and is invited along with the Word document indicating publication information and an abstract.
Be mindful that the Society broadly defines ‘science’ to include areas such as medicine and technology. Hold items under 250 words, please, and note that memberships should be up to date for items to be included in the Newsletter. For details of renewals please contact the Membership Secretary, Jessica Roberts (email@example.com).
Jenni Halpin, Newsletter Editor