Reviews that have appeared on the British Society for Literature and Science website in August 2017
- Katharina Boehm, Charles Dickens and the Sciences of Childhood: Popular Medicine, Child Health and Victorian Culture
- Bruce Clarke and Manuela Rossini (eds), The Cambridge Companion to Literature and the Posthuman
- Janina Wellmann, The Form of Becoming. Embryology and the Epistemology of Rhythm, 1760-1830
- Wendy Moore, The Mesmerist: The Society Doctor Who Held Victorian London Spellbound
- Jordan Kistler, Arthur O’Shaughnessy, A Pre-Raphaelite Poet in the British Museum
- Alanna Skuse, Constructions of Cancer in Early Modern England: Ravenous Natures
- Monika Elbert and Bridget M. Marshall (eds), Transnational Gothic: Literary and Social Exchanges in the Long Nineteenth Century
- Marit Grøtta, Baudelaire's Media Aesthetics: The Gaze of the Flâneur and Nineteenth-Century Media
- Richard Cleminson, Catholicism, Race and Empire: Eugenics in Portugal, 1900-1950
- Daniel Cordle, Late Cold War Literature and Culture: The Nuclear 1980s
- Anna Kornbluh, Realizing Capital: Financial and Psychic Economies in Victorian Form
- Eric R Kandel, Reductionism in Art and Brain Science: Bridging the Two Cultures
- Daniel Dor, The Instruction of Imagination: Language as a Social Communication Technology
A list of books for which we are currently seeking reviewers can be found here.
Please email Gavin Budge on <G.Budge@herts.ac.uk> if you would like to propose a book for review - anything published from 2015 onwards will be considered.