Thank you for your interest in the BSLS. The cost of membership is £25. Reduced membership, costing £10, is available to postgraduates and others not in full-time employment.
If you encounter any problems with any of the payment methods below, please contact the Treasurer, Dr Michael Whitworth (Michael.email@example.com)
You can join BSLS or renew your membership in two ways:
- By cheque. Please make cheques payable to the British Society for Literature and Science and send to Dr Michael Whitworth (BSLS Treasurer), Merton College, Merton Street, Oxford, OX1 4JD. Please enclose a statement, with your cheque, that you are eligible for reduced rate membership if you are a postgraduate or otherwise not in full-time employment. Please include your email address if you would like acknowledgement of receipt of your cheque.
- By standing order. If you renew in this way, your membership will roll over automatically each year. Please contact the Treasurer if you would like to establish a standing order.
We hope to return to using PayPal shortly.
Important: when you pay, please also email your details to our Membership Secretary, Emily Alder, to ensure you receive the full benefits. Please include:
- your prefix/title; first name; last name;
- university/institutional affiliation;
- mailing address;
- and a 30-word summary of your key research interests. (This summary will be viewable by other members but, rather than listing publications, should inform as to your central areas of focus).
- Please also confirm whether you would like to review publications relevant to your research, for the BSLS website.
Please note that renewal of membership takes place in April of each year, to align with the BSLS Conference, and runs to the end of the following April, not a year after the date you joined. Memberships purchased after 1st Jan will run to the end of April of the following year.
Please contact the Treasurer if you wish to establish a standing order, for details of our sort code, account number, and how to identify the payment as yours.