The British Society for Literature and Science reviews books on all aspects of literature and science on the BSLS Reviews website. We aim to be a comprehensive resource on books in the field published since 2010, including subdisciplines such as literature and medicine, cognitive neuroscience criticism, ecocriticism, cyberculture, Gothic and science etc. Please follow these links for all current book reviews by period:
- General and Theory
- Early Modern to Eighteenth Century
- Romantic and Victorian
- Modern and Contemporary
If you would like to submit a book to be reviewed, please send it to Dr Gavin Budge, BSLS Reviews Editor, School of Humanities, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, AL10 9AB, UK
If you would like to review books, please email Gavin Budge at G.Budge@herts.ac.uk, letting me know your particular field of interest. It would be very helpful if you could propose particular books you'd like to review.
We're currently seeking reviewers for these books - please email me if you are interested in reviewing them.
These are the books we currently have under review.
These are some of the most recent reviews (listed in chronological order, most recent at the bottom)
- Michael Lundblad (ed.), Animalities: Literary and Cultural Studies Beyond the Human
- Maureen Tuthill, Health and Sickness in the Early American Novel: Social Affection and Eighteenth-Century Medicine
- Paul Budra and Clifford Werier (eds), Shakespeare and Consciousness
- Michael Burke and Emily T Troscianko (eds), Cognitive Literary Science: Dialogues between Literature and Cognition