The British Society for Literature and Science reviews books on all aspects of literature and science on the BSLS Reviews website. We aim to be a comprehensive resource on books in the field published since 2010, including subdisciplines such as literature and medicine, cognitive neuroscience criticism, ecocriticism, cyberculture, Gothic and science etc. Please follow these links for all current book reviews by period:
- General and Theory
- Early Modern to Eighteenth Century
- Romantic and Victorian
- Modern and Contemporary
If you would like to submit a book to be reviewed, please send it to Dr Gavin Budge, BSLS Reviews Editor, School of Humanities, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, AL10 9AB, UK
If you would like to review books, please email Gavin Budge at G.Budge@herts.ac.uk, letting me know your particular field of interest. It would be very helpful if you could propose particular books you'd like to review.
We're currently seeking reviewers for these books - please email me if you are interested in reviewing them.
These are the books we currently have under review.
These are some of the most recent reviews (listed in chronological order, most recent at the bottom)
- Timothy Morton, Dark Ecology: For a Logic of Future Coexistence
- Gillian Beer, Alice in Space: The Sideways Victorian World of Lewis Carroll
- Sheila Jasanoff and Sang-Hyun Kim (eds.), Dreamscapes of Modernity: Sociotechnical Imaginaries and the Fabrication of Power
- Andrew Sloane, Vulnerability and Care: Christian Reflections on the Philosophy of Medicine
- Graham Harrison, The African Presence: Representations of Africa in the Construction of Britishness
- Hubert Zapf, Literature as Cultural Ecology: Sustainable Texts
- Erik Parens, Shaping Our Selves: On Technology, Flourishing and a Habit of Thinking
- John Rieder, Science Fiction and the Mass Cultural Genre System
- Hillary Eklund, (ed), Ground-Work: English Renaissance Literature and Soil Science
- Allan Ingram and Leigh Wetherall Dickson (eds.), Disease and Death in Eighteenth-Century Literature and Culture: Fashioning the Unfashionable
- Joseph P. Huston, Marcos Nadal, Francisco Mora, Luigi F. Agnati and Camilo J. Cela-Conde (eds) Art, Aesthetics and the Brain
- Lucinda Cole, Imperfect Creatures: Vermin, Literature and the Sciences of Life, 1600-1740
- Dermot Coleman, George Eliot and Money: Economics, Ethics and Literature
- Angelique Richardson (ed), After Darwin: Animals, Emotions, and the Mind