There is understandably a great deal of concern about the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The advice we have received is that the risks of holding the event are low: this is a comparatively small event (100 people) being held during the Easter Break at the time when the university campus is quiet. There are currently no warnings against travel to or within the UK.
The local organisers and the BSLS exec are monitoring the situation very closely, but there are currently no plans to postpone or cancel the conference.
If the conference were to be cancelled because of a sudden change in government policies, the Online Store would be able to refund any fees, and attendees should be covered under their travel insurance.
We would also understand if attendees with concerns preferred to withdraw from the event and would hope to hear from them promptly about this. The deadline for registration is 1st April, which gives some time for everyone to consider.