The shortlist for the BSLS prize for the best book in the field of literature and science published in 2011 is as follows:
- Frederique Ait-Touati, Fictions of the Cosmos: Science and Literature in the Seventeenth Century (U of Chicago P)
- Tamara Ketabgian, The Lives of the Machines: The Industrial Imaginary in Victorian Literature and Culture (U of Michigan P)
- George Levine, Darwin the Writer (OUP)
- Naomi Rokotnitz, Trusting Performance: A Cognitive Approach to Embodiment in Drama (Palgrave)
- Martin Willis, Vision, Science and Literature, 1870-1920: Ocular Horizons (Pickering and Chatto)
The winner will be announced at the BSLS conference in April 2012.